Tsinghua University Vanke School of Public Health (SPH) was newly established on April 2, 2020 in the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Dr. Margaret Chan, the Former Director-General and Emeritus Director-General of the World Health Organization, is the founding dean of the School. The establishment of the School is a historic milestone for Tsinghua University, as it actively undertakes its mission to shoulder the responsibility of addressing national and global challenges, development priorities and needs. It is also a timely disciplinary response to major global public health issues.
Based on the principles of comprehensive, international and high-end, the School will give full play to the comprehensive advantages of Tsinghua University, collaborative development, integration and innovation. With its mission as based in China, facing the world, serving the community and serving mankind, the School aims to become a training base for high-level leaders and backbone talents in public health, the most influential think-tank at home and abroad, and an advanced model of global health governance and international cooperation, striving to build itself into a world-class and influential school of public health on the global stage.
Addressing the urgent needs of the world and the frontiers of science, the School is focusing on four core disciplines, namely public health security, healthcare service, big data in healthcare, and public health policy andreform , and actively performs the functions of scientific research, talent training and service to society.
Tsinghua University’s Vanke School of Public Health seeks to build its faculty in a variety of academic fields globally. We welcome faculty applications from a variety of academic field including public health security, healthcare service, big data in healthcare, and public health policy and reform and other related fields.
Vanke School of Public Health provides a highly-supportive research and teaching environment, world-leading research resources, internationalized research platform, professional administrative support, globally competitive salary package and other benefits.
Recruitment Categories:Full-time Tenure-Track/Full-time Research Fellows
Positions:Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track) / Associate Professor (Tenure-Track) /Professor (Tenure-Track)/Research Scientist/Principle Investigator/Visiting Professor
Required professional direction:public health security, healthcare service, digital health data, public health policy and reform.
1. Eligible applicants should be in good physical and mental health; have a solid grounding in professional and workplace ethics; understand and support the development of the School, and demonstrate commitment to scientific research, talent-nurturing and social services in public health;
2. Eligible applicants must hold a PhD degree, have achieved high-level research results in public health and have outstanding academic potential;
3. Eligible applicants are required to demonstrate a clear and fundamental research direction, consistent with the School’s mandated objectives; research outcomes are expected to have advanced theoretical and practical influence;
4. Eligible applicants should be able to independently engage in high-level original scientific research, independently guide graduate students, and be capable of undertaking teaching tasks of graduate students;
5. Eligible applicants for the position of professor should demonstrate a working record consistent with world-leading academic institutions, and have the international leading position and influence in public health.
1.CV in both Chinese and English, including a list of publications and working papers;
2. Teaching and research statement as well as teaching and research work plan for the next 3-5years;
3. A detailed list of academic achievements;
4. Three letters of reference (waived for applicants of tenured positions);
5. Other evidence of research and teaching excellence (highest degree certificate\honors for teaching and research, etc.);
6. Electronic portrait (passport size).
Please email your application email@example.com the subject heading:Name-Graduated University-Position
The above recruitment information is valid on long-term basis.
Recruitment of candidates will be conducted on a rolling basis and will continue until the positions are filled.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only short-listed applicants will receive a written reply. If you have not received any communication from the School within four weeks after your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your understanding and your interest in working at the Vanke School of Public Health.