Jiming ZHU, Ph.D., Associate Professor
2009.10 – 2016-09 University of Oxford, DPhil, Nuffield Department of Population Health; MSc in Global Health Science (both programmes with full scholarships)
2003.09 – 2007.07 Peking University, Yuanpei Pilot Programme (now Yuanpei College), Bachelor (Economics)
2021.06 – present, Tsinghua University, Vanke School of Public Health, Associate Professor & Principal Investigator
2018.11 – 2021.05, Tsinghua University, Vanke School of Public Health; School of Medicine; Institute for Hospital Management, Assistant Professor & Principal Investigator
2019.06 – 2019.12, World Bank, Consultant
2015.06 – 2018.10, China Medical Board, Research Fellow & Consultant
2016.10 – 2018.03 University of Oxford, Nuffield Department of Medicine, Postdoctoral
Health Policy & Management, Primary Health Care, Health Economics, Human Resources for Health (including nursing and medical education)
Research Projects (selected)
1. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, COVID-19: Exploring a simulation of integrated health system for pandemic response in China, 153,823 US dollars, PI
2. China Medical Board, Self-Study reinforcement and dissemination, 150,000 US dollars, PI
1. Zhu J*, Ariana P. Provider perspectives on general practice in Henan, China: a mixed-methods study. BMJ Open 2020; 10: e036240.
2. Wang C, Chen S, Zhu J, Li W. China’s new 4 + 4 medical education programme. The Lancet 2019; 394: 1121–3.
3. Zhu J*, Li W, Chen L. Doctors in China: improving quality through modernisation of residency education. The Lancet 2016; 388: 1922–9.